hile we have taken all reasonable care in producing the information contained on this site, we do not promise that it contains all the information you need to answer all your questions.
Discount Leasing Services does not guarantee the accuracy of information provided by third parties linked to this site. For immediate assistance contact us on (08) 9409 6946 (all areas within Australia) 9am – 6pm (w/time), weekdays.
All product details, repayments, terms, conditions and other information are subject to change at any time without notice.
Terms, conditions and fees may apply to the various Discount Leasing Services products and full details are available on application. Discount leasing products are available only in Australia.
Commitment to Privacy and Responsible Use of Information
We understand your concerns about privacy and the security of your personal information. We are committed to protecting all your personal information that is in our possession. This policy sets out how we manage your personal information and protect your privacy.
We will not obtain personally-identifying information about you when you visit our sites, unless you choose to provide such information. In this document we explain the steps we take to keep your information private.
- We’ve built our site so that you identify yourself only when you’re ready to learn more about our services, if you wish to hear from us, or you wish to receive information from one of our financial services consultants, from other partners and from related companies.
- We keep your personal information secured utilising firewalls, encryption and other secure technologies.
- We don’t share your name with anyone else – you are a customer, not a name in a database we can sell.
- We treat your information the way we’d want our own personal information to be treated.
What information do we collect?
We help you find the product that’s right for you. While we’re doing this, we avoid collecting information that could identify you, until you wish to speak with one of our finance services consultants or learn more about our products and services.
The only personal information which we collect about you when you use our sites is what you tell us about yourself – for example, by completing an online form such as a careers interest or asking for details on a specific product, or by sending us an email. We will record your email address if you send us an email.
This is what we might collect:
- To be matched to a loan, you will need to provide personal information which we call applicant details. These applicant details include your name, address, phone number, email address and some financial details.
- We also invite you to tick a box to request information on services that we offer or may offer in the future. We call this an offer confirmation.
- We also offer you the opportunity to subscribe to our email bulletins. If you decide to subscribe, we collect your name and email address, which we call subscriber details. Before we start sending you bulletins, we will confirm via email that you have subscribed to the bulletins. This ensures that you are not accidentally or mischievously subscribed by other people.
- We also offer some users a service where they can send messages to friends to let them know about our sites. As part of this service, we store email addresses submitted by users. We call these friend email addresses. As part of this process, we may record the progress of messages sent but we do not record the content of these messages.
- Lastly, we record data on the use of our site from particular Internet addresses and users, which we call usage details.
How do we keep your information safe?
Once your information reaches us, it is physically stored on our computer systems, including at a purpose-designed secure facility. Electronic access to this information is controlled by security processes that include encrypted passwords, firewalls and expert monitoring. Our staffs have access to this information only on a need-to-know basis.
We minimise the use of printed material which contains your applicant details and subscriber details. We store such information securely and destroy it thoroughly when it is no longer needed.
Most importantly of all, we make sure that our staff and contractors understand their responsibility to protect all your personal data from misuse, loss, corruption or disclosure. We hire and contract with people who respect our users’ rights, then we train them on the steps they must take to protect users’ personal information. After that, we get them to tell us when they see anything that might jeopardise your personal information.
Can you see, change or remove your data?
You may change your applicant details via the Web while you are on our sites, or in conversation with our consultants. You may also update your details at any time before a loan settles by calling our offices or contacting us. We are as keen as you are to ensure that our information about you is accurate.
We can also provide you with a copy of your applicant details at any time, on request, as soon as we confirm your identity.
We can also “de-identify” your applicant details on request if you have not yet requested us to begin the loan approval process with a nominated lender. Once your details are “de-identified”, we will be unable to tell that an application was made by you. Please note that:
- We may need to confirm your identity before de-identifying you.
- We need to retain identity information for users who have requested us to begin the loan approval process with a nominated lender.